Created by: Andrei Averin
Rate: 5.0 / 1 ratings
Enroll: 802 students
What you’ll learn
- Why data science is (still) the best choice
- How to pick data science area that is right for you
- What are 4 proven ways to acquire data science skills
- How to increase your chances using portfolio
- How to decode job descriptions in data science
- How to make effective resume and cover letter
- What to expect during data science interview
- How to maximize the job offer
It is a strategic course – no math or statistics knowledge required
Welcome to my introductory course on careers in data science!
Whether you are a recent graduate, a young professional, or a seasoned expert – if you want to start a career in data science, this course is for you.
A few words about me:
I’ve been working in IT for over 18 years, conducted many interviews, and interviewed candidates myself. In the last two years, I’ve focused on data science and talked to over a hundred data scientists in interviews, meetings, and privately. As a result, I have collected an extensive knowledge base on job search and employment in data science.
About this course:
In this course, I will share what I have learned so far from the detailed responses of data scientists who have applied or are already working in this challenging field. After this course, you’ll know how to get basic data science skills, understand what data science jobs are like, prepare for an interview, and get hired.
It is a strategic course. Therefore, I will not cover topics such as building machine learning models or writing code in Python or R.
Also, I based this course on personal and subjective statements from real people in data science. Since the field is still evolving, there are no objective standards in HR and recruiting.
Got interested? Start today, and I wish you a lot of fun!