Created by: Rafael Testai
Rate: 4.5 / 14 ratings
Enroll: 1,595 students
What you’ll learn
Learn the systematic “best practices” processes for creating robust CAD models.
Create robust CAD models that can be easily modifiable without breaking.
If everyone in a company models using this systematic strategy, engineering firms can save time & money.
Distinguish yourself from other SolidWorks CAD designers with our defined set of rules & best practices for creating robust CAD models.
SoildWorks basics (Sketching, extruding, revolving)
Resilient CAD Modeling (RCM)
-WHAT IT IS? A systematic “best practices” process for creating robust CAD models.
-WHY SHOULD WE USE IT? Make CAD model modifications without the model “blowing up.” Coworkers benefit because if an employee leaves a company, the next employee can pick up right where the original author of the CAD model left off with minimal time getting up to speed and understanding how the model was originally created. This saves engineering companies time and money.
-Spend less time fixing your CAD, and more time designing your product.
-CAD less likely to break
-Standard rules the whole team understands & follows (makes inheriting others’ models easier, improves collaboration)
-Design intent at a glance (convenient, and promotes “seeing” in 3D)
-Order leads to productivity, compounding affects
This is a streamlined course to give you an introduction to Resilient CAD Modeling (RCM) methodology. This course should enable you to, with confidence, use RCM SOLIDWORKS to design your next innovation. After this course, you can proudly list RCM for SOLIDWORKS skills in your resume.
THIS COURSE IS NOT A SHORTCUT TO BECOMING AN EXPERT AT RCM, IT’S AN INTRODUCTION. RCM EXPERTISE TAKES HANDS ON PRACTICE.
*You can perfectly follow this course if you have SOLIDWORKS versions 2014-2022. This course is delivered using SOLIDWORKS 2019.
About this course:
With this course, you will get:
- Full, free lifetime access to 13 lectures (increasing over time).
- All future extra lectures and upgrades will always be free.
- Unconditional Udemy 30 days money-back guarantee – We are sure you would love the course though 🙂
- Regular free bonus additions to increase your knowledge. – lots of fun topics!
Today, you can start your journey to becoming a SOLIDWORKS RCM with ZERO prior experience!
I stress that you need no prior experience and there is nothing to buy or pay for!!! You will only need SOLIDWORKS itself.
Why our course?!
- Learn from the best, your instructor, Rafael Testai.
- Have all your questions answered by experts in the course forum.
- Get access to an exclusive students SOLIDWORKS community.
- We are following the learning by doing approach which is proven the best for learning software like SOLIDWORKS.
- We have enlarged the interface icons in our screencasts to make our videos more eye-friendly. We even used a circular highlighting tool so it’s easier to follow the mouse.
- We made our videos short and concentrated on one or a few aspects to make them easier for reference. We also designed each lecture to be a stand-alone lecture.
You will learn:
- Introduction to Resilient CAD Modeling (RCM) using SOLIDWORKS interface.
- The 8 groups that make up RCM.
- How to overcome the main obstacles students face when learning RCM.
- RCM Lite, you don’t have to learn all the bells and whistles. We distilled it for you into RCM Lite.
- The logic behind RCM.
- Master Modeling introduction in SOLIDWORKS (advanced)
- Converting entities, hiding sketches, and more pro tips that instructors often overlook.
Click the ‘take this course’ button, top right, now… Every hour you delay is costing you great creations and skills 🙂
Who this course is for:
- Individuals intending to take SOLIDWORKS Associate Certificate – CSWA or CSWP.
- Individuals intending to move beyond the basics of SOLIDWORKS
- Individuals wanting to get started with 3D modeling
- Individuals wanting to get a better job via SOLIDWORKS skills
- Individuals wanting to list SOLIDWORKS skills in their resume
- Designers, Engineers, Makers, and Hobbyist
Who this course is for:
- Any SolidWorks user who already understand the SolidWorks basics. We will not cover SolidWorks basics in this course.