Created by: Ben Moreau (PMP, Prince2, MSP, Agile)
Rate: 4.6 / 65 ratings
Enroll: 9,876 students
What you’ll learn
Get an INSIDER advantage by understanding what few people know about PROJECT MANAGEMENT
DO NOT GET FOOLED when interacting with Project Managers, Project team members or anyone involved in a project
KNOW what to ask a Project Manager to get RESPECTED and GET WHAT YOU WANT
WAKE UP the Project Manager inside you: A NEW CAREER?
BE ABLE TO TELL COLLEAGUES what is a Project and what is Project Management
Get an EDGE by understanding of Scope, Scheduling, Budget and Stakeholder management.
UNDERSTAND why it is important to know how projects are managed
PROJECTS ARE EVERYWHERE!!
Are you confused about Project Management and do you think you will benefit from learning the most important aspects of project management?
This course will set you on course and will allow you to PROGRESS at work whether you are from the business or part of technical team. This course could also enlighten you to start a potential NEW CAREER as Project Manager.
After attending this course you will
– Get an edge by understanding what few people know about Project Management
– be able to Influence a project
– Sound knowledgeable and get Respected in the corporate world. “Yes I know what you’re saying”
– Maybe get enough of a taste to start a CAREER as Project Manager.
My name is Ben, I have been a Project Manager for more than 20 years working for amongst others IBM, HP, large Financial companies and also Government agencies. I have also been coaching Project Managers for more than 10 years. I have all the most respected Project Management certifications (PMP, Prince2, MSP, Agile Project Management)
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This course is a 90mn introduction to Project Management, but is also providing lots of useful information around Projects, Project Management and Project Managers (PM).
You will understand exactly:
- What is a Project
- What is Project Management
- What is the most basic Project Management process used on most projects
- What are the 9 key things to look into when dealing with or managing a project
You will also get an introduction on:
- Program Structure (Project Manager team)
- Steering committee structure
- Risk Management
- Issue Management
- Stakeholder management, the unloved child yet so important in Project Management
- Project Charter and Project Management Plan (2 very important project management document)
WHAT I PROVIDE IN ADDITION TO THE VIDEOS
I will provide you with most slides of this course to allow you to review the basics wherever you are without having to watch the videos.
I am also provide a small booklet with the 7 key artefacts of Project Management.
•Part 1: Definitions and Process overview
This will provide you with a framework, basic knowledge on how a Project Management works. Useful for Part 2 too.
- Introduction & Definitions
- 4 Phases
- 9 areas to watch
Part 2: Walking through the process
Here I take you step by step through a Project lifecycle, from start to finish
- Lifecycle: 4 phases in detail
- Example for each phase
•Part 3: Knowledge reinforcement
This part will really nail down the concept of Project Management. You will review some topics seen from a different angle.
- Roadmap walkthrough
- 7 key Documents
- How to talk to a PM
PROJECTS ARE EVERYWHERE!!
It would be useful for anyone to learn the basics of project management to allow them to:
– Understand what is going on in a project
– Influence a project
– Become part of one
– Sound knowledgeable and get respected in the corporate world. “Yes I know what you’re saying”
– Maybe start a Project Manager career. (This course is not sufficient, if you know you want to become a PM now, check out my other course)
My name is Ben, I have been a Project Manager for more than 20 years working for amongst others IBM, HP, large Financial companies and also Government agencies. I have also been coaching Project Managers for more than 10 years.
I have all the most respected Project Management certifications (PMP, Prince2, MSP, Agile Project Management) – and you know when I was doing those courses – I did not really enjoy them because when I did them I was already a PM and what I was hearing was not usable and so remote from what happens out in the field… and I thought I can do better maybe – to bring this knowledge to people interested in Project Management.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone wanting to have a SOLID FOUNDATION in Project Management in a minimal amount of time
- Anyone who sees projects around them and want a better understanding
- Anyone wanting to go one step ahead at work (Business or technical team: anyone!)
- Anyone considering a NEW CAREER