Blackboard Inc. is an American educational technology company with corporate headquarters in Washington, D.C.. It is known for Blackboard Learn, a learning management system.
|Company Name:||Blackboard India|
|Job Role:||Associate Software Engineer|
|Salary:||Best In Industry|
We’re looking for an Associate Software Engineer – Quality Assurance, to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world’s leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
This role focuses on our Mobile Application, which allows students to access the power of Blackboard’s solutions anytime, anywhere. You’ll help with building this student-specific mobile app that gives learners the information they want, the connections they crave, and the personalization they demand, on the go.
Blackboard’s Mobile Development team is revolutionizing the role of mobile technology in education. This team has made a tradition of producing multiple pioneering applications that change the way students and teachers approach education. A shared love of using and making great apps brings together this group of motivated, talented people.
The Associate Software Engineer – Quality Assurance will have primary accountability for testing various mobile applications, backend applications, and API’s. The testing would include projects undergoing new development and regular maintenance cycles. The QA team is responsible for working with functional business analysts and enhancement of business applications.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with other team members to understand requirement and functionality of the system
- Collaborating closely with the Product Owner, SDK team, Frontend and Backend team to govern intake and scheduling of projects and delivery of solutions
- Contributing to all phases of the Mobile App development lifecycle
- Ensuring the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identifying bottlenecks and bugs, and devising solutions to these problems
- 0-2 years of experience
- Bachelor’s/master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Exposure to the full SDLC life cycle
- Knowledge of Software Testing methodology
- Good knowledge in RESTful web services; should have good working experience in remote data via REST and JSON
- Knowledge of Manual/Automation testing concepts
- Light Agile project experience along with working on Agile tools like JIRA/Confluence
- Excellent logical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Exposure to Mobile Application testing
- Good team player with great communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and time management skills
Blackboard has an office in one of the biggest cultural, economic, and educational centers in South India: Chennai.
- Located on OMR, the IT corridor of South Chennai
- Easy access to Velachery, Thiruvanmiyur Railway station and bus stop
- Very close to Tidel Park, Ascendas, and SRP Tools – Holiday Inn
- Office provides lunch Tuesday – Thursday and evening snacks Monday – Friday
- Office is situated behind Hotel Turyaa on the 5th floor of Rayala Techno Park
- Fun Committee, Happy Fete Team, Food Committee, and Sports Committee ensures fun at work
- ISR Team actively engages employees in contributing to various local charities