Created by: Paul Hill
Rate: 4.5 / 4,566 ratings
Enroll: 73,508 students
What you’ll learn
- Understand Virtual Machines
- Know how to install Windows Server 2012
- Understand the basics of Windows Server 2012
- Understand basic Windows Batch scripting
- Understand how to install / remove roles on Windows Server 2012
- Know how to install Ubuntu Server 14
- Understand the basics of Linux (Ubuntu Server 14)
- Gain a solid understanding of the Linux terminal
- Determine which platform (Windows or Linux) they would rather work on in the professional field
- The student will have one fully functioning Windows Server 2012 VM that they can use to do anything they want with
- MUCH more!
A computer with at least 4gb of ram
A 64bit Processor and 64bit Operating System
Learn the basics of managing Windows Server 2012r2 and Ubuntu Server.
In this course I am going to give you a foundation of Windows Server 2012 and Ubuntu Server 14. The goal of this course is to get your feet wet with both of these operating systems and help you understand the contrasts between them.
Many people would like to get into the computer field because of the lure of high-paying jobs but they do not know where to start – this course will point you down the right path!
This is an introductory course and you will be able to follow each step easily as my instructions are clear and concise! I will walk you through everything you need to do in order to get your Windows Server 2012 and Ubuntu Server 14 virtual machines setup and running!
Also there is no cost for the software you will be using in this course – it is all free! What are you waiting for? Enroll now!
Who this course is for:
- Take this course if you want to learn the basics of Windows Server or Linux
- DO NOT take this course if you are very knowledgeable about Windows & Linux
- Take this course if you would like to see what it is like to work as a Systems Administrator
- DO NOT take this course if you hate working on computers =)