Created by: Abhijat Saraswat
Rate: 4.4 / 307 ratings
Enroll: 9,339 students
What you’ll learn
- Learn to navigate around Excel using the ribbon interface
- Format worksheets and cells
- Perform simple mathematical calculations
- Use some of Excel’s built in functions
- Create and edit different types of charts
- Build a budgeting spreadsheet from start to finish
Excel 2007 or above (Windows)
The Excel beginners training from scratch course will introduce you to the industry standard and popular spreadsheet software. This Excel training course is perfect for those wanting to learn Excel from the very beginning and you will become comfortable using some of the core features that Excel has to offer.
The course will introduce you to a number of features, tool and techniques of Excel and is perfect for students, entrepreneurs, housewives, business owners, professionals or anyone else looking to learn Excel. By the end of the course you will have mastered the basics of Excel and will be able to manage workbooks, use formatting, perform calculations, use formulas and create charts.
This is a hands-on beginners Excel course and you will learn by watching the instructor as he describes each action as he performs it. The course takes a project based approach, which means that you will be able to practice as you are learn and by the end of the course you will even complete a project from beginning to end – creating a fully functional budgeting spreadsheet with charts, formulas and a host of other features.
Note: The instructor uses Excel 2010 to teach the course, but the course should be suitable for those with Excel 2007 onwards. There are some differences in the menu structure if you are using Excel 2013.
Instructor: Abhijat Saraswat (Ab)
The course is taught by Ab, who is an Excel whizz and has been using Excel for over 10 years, since Excel 95. He uses Excel almost on a daily basis and has taught Excel to a large number of students including executives of large organisations, small business owners and entrepreneurs.
Who this course is for:
- This is course intended for beginners introducing them to the various features of Excel. The target audience is anyone interested in learning how to use Excel
- Students, entrepreneurs, housewives, business owners or professionals