Created by: Rocco Balsamo
Rate: 4.5/ 4,022 ratings
Enroll: 41,599 students
What you’ll learn
- Use awesome built-in tools like the colorpicker and text shadow editor!
- Understand how to simulate Mobile Devices.
- Get info to improve page load times with Audits
- Write larger blocks of test code in the Snippets panel
The course is for beginners!
This course is a simple introduction to the Google Chrome Developer Tools. In this course we’ll cover the basics of devtools which are absolutely essential to productive web development.
And pssst… The course has a humourous twist–your instructor will teach you about amazing colors like blanchedalmond and cornflowerblue!
When you’re finished you’ll be able to:
- Use the elements panel to modify and update live webpages with tools like the colorpicker and text shadow editor.
- Write and test larger blocks of code with the snippets panel.
- Understand how to stop and step through code with breakpoints and basic debugging.
- Learn how to simulate mobile devices for responsive development.
- Use the audits panel to get useful information about improving page load time.
This is a free course meant to cover the absolute basics. After completing this, you’ll have to tools and knowhow to become a DevTools wizard with my followup class, DevTools 2017: Beginner to Expert with Google Chrome Developer tools.
Who this course is for:
- Front End Developers
- Back End Developers Looking to Try Front End
- UI/UX Designers
- Software Engineers
- Project / Product Managers
- Anyone looking for a quick way to understand websites and web applications