Created by: Grant Collins
Rate : 0.0 / 0 ratings
Enroll: 5,034 students
What you’ll learn
Understand what cybersecurity is and where its implemented
Cybersecurity Attacks and Defenses
Fundamentals of I.T., including hardware, software, operating systems, and computer networks
Types of malware including Ransomware, Bots/Botnets, Trojans, Keyloggers, Viruses, Worms, and more
Cybersecurity defenses including Password Management, Firewalls, VPNs, SIEM, IDS/IPS, Proxies, Next-Gen AV and more
Develop a next-step plan to continue your learning journey
No prerequisites required! Just a willingness to learn!
Welcome to the Complete Introduction to Cybersecurity 2021. In this course, you will learn the fundamentals of I.T. while learning the working components of cybersecurity. No prior knowledge or skill is required.
If you are a cybersecurity student, aspiring security professional, security enthusiast or someone intrigued to learn more about the industry, this course will provide a springboard for you to learn the basics. As a current cybersecurity student, I know exactly what type of questions, doubts, and thoughts you are experiencing. Through dedicated time, self-study, and industry experience, I learned what types of concepts and skills lacked in the academic industry.
Whether you are a complete beginner to I.T. or the security side of I.T., this course will offer a launchpad for you to learn the foundational concepts, skills, and direction for you to get started in cybersecurity.
Starting from scratch, you will get up and running with the very basics of I.T. We will cover the working components of hardware, software, and operating systems, and computer networks. Once we have the basics completed, we will transition into the security side of I.T., understanding why hackers attack, what types of attacks are used, and the different types of malware. Finally, we will cover the types of cybersecurity defenses, including general defenses and advanced tools / technologies.
In this course, we will cover:
1. What Cybersecurity is and how its implemented
2. The Domains of Cybersecurity
3. I.T. Basics, including hardware, software, operating systems, computer networks, and cloud concepts.
4. Cybersecurity attacks, including network, social engineering, physical attacks, and types malware.
5. Cybersecurity defenses, including Firewalls, Next-Gen AV, IDS/IPS, SIEM, and general cybersecurity defenses such as password and patch management.
6. Cybersecurity lab demo, with a practical next-step plan.
At the end of this course, you will have a foundational understanding of I.T. and the basics of cybersecurity, including the different types of what cybersecurity is, where it’s implemented, the types of cyber attacks and defenses used throughout the industry.
If you are someone who is struggling to get started in cybersecurity, but eager to learn relevant, updated concepts and skills, then this course will be for you. See you inside!
Who this course is for:
- Complete beginners who are looking to get started or learn more about the cybersecurity industry.
- Aspiring cybersecurity professionals.