Created by: Scott Paton, Stephanie Hamilton, Scott Alex
Rate: 4.4 / 785 ratings
Enroll: 51,192 students
What you’ll learn
To speak English like an American and write like the British
Improve your pronunciation via a variety of visual and audio speech exercises
Build your vocabulary and English expressions
Bridge the gap between your reading ability and your comprehension of what you read
Improved speaking and reading
A beginner or an upper beginner (A1-A2) level of English
Willingness to practice what they learn
This course is a beginner level English course (A1-A2). The student understands basic phrases and instructions. He/she can interact in a very simple way and uses incomplete sentences, without real grammatical content. He/she may be able to participate in a dialogue giving personal information but in a limited way using minimal vocabulary.
This course is designed to improve your English at its foundation. You will have a basic understanding of English and be able to speak it immediately. You will be able to introduce yourself in various social interactions. Use the verb ‘to be’ correctly in positive, negative and question sentences. Understanding when to use the verb ‘to be’. Talk about yourself and give personal information.
Using the WH-question words correctly and immediately employ them in your language. Express yourself and ask the proper questions to get the answers you need.
You will learn:
- How to Meet and Greet
- Greetings and Farewells
- Subject Pronouns
- How to Use the Verb ‘To Be’ Properly
- How to Talk About Jobs, Countries
- How to Use Wh Questions (What, Where, Who, When)
- And much more!
This course is taught using the four pillars of learning; both active parts of speaking and writing and both passive parts of reading and listening. You will acquire new vocabulary from real life scenarios and while reading excerpts of paragraphs and poems written by well-known authors.
The course will be paired with a PDF leaflet that you can download and print which will follow the order of each section and lecture offering you an active part in your learning.
This course also includes:
- Clear lessons that are built upon each other
- Skits that subtly foreshadow upcoming lessons
- Integrative approach to English expressions, idioms, similes and metaphors
- Many PDF worksheets that mirror each part of the lessons
- Original flashcards to develop vocabulary
- Teacher that speaks American English
About your teacher
- Native speaker from Canada
- Taught ESL to adults and children for 5 years, privately and in a classroom
- Fluent in English and French
- Taught in a Montessori preschool
- Homeschooled her children for 14 years employing the Waldorf pedagogy
As the name intends, Simply English is a course designed for A1 students who desire a simple approach to English. Through the 4 language pillars of speaking, reading, writing and listening, each lesson provides a weave of active and passive activities. Simply English employs many images courtesy of Freepik to further the understanding of the lesson, as well as unique and engaging video skits. Which add a playful appeal to the overall learning experience.
Who this course is for:
- Students who desire to improve their English at its foundation
- Students who are seeking to have a basic understanding of English and be able to speak it immediately
- People who have tried to learn English with no significant advancement
- Desire a natural approach to learning