Created by: YouAccel Training
Rate: 0.0/ 0 ratings
Enroll: 1,374 students
What you’ll learn
The Mechanics behind IAM
Managing IAM Users
IAM Administration (Guide) (Listing, Deleting Users & Accounts)
Managing Permissions for IAM Users
Changing IAM User Permissions
Creating and Administering IAM Groups
Creating and Administering IAM Group Policies
Assigning Preset and Custom Group Policies
Creating and Administering IAM Roles
IAM Authentication and Security
Rotating IAM Access Keys
IAM Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
IAM Credentials Report (Guide)
Basic Computer Skills
Welcome to the AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) Foundations Certification Course.
In this course we will explore AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
IAM is a very important part of understanding how to securely and efficiently manage the services and users within an AWS account.
As defined by AWS, “AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) is a web service that helps you securely control access to AWS resources. You use IAM to control who is authenticated (signed in) and authorized (has permissions) to use resources.”
When creating an AWS account, the default account is the Root account. This root account has complete access to all AWS services and resources on the account. The root account should only be used to perform a few account and service management tasks.
Each service deployed in an AWS account should only be accessible to users permitted to use the service.
This course will explore the following components of IAM with hands-on exercises:
- Allowing multiple users to administer the resources in an AWS account without having to share passwords.
- Creating granular permissions for AWS users. This means each IAM user can be granted a different level of privileges for different resources in the AWS account.
- Applying IAM credentials to applications, thus providing the application with access to specified AWS services.
- Enabling Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for individual IAM Users.
- Enabling access records and logging for IAM Users using AWS CloutTrail.
If you are interested in learning how to securely manage an AWS account using IAM, hit the enroll button and let’s get started.
Who this course is for:
- Students interested in Cloud Computing with AWS
- Students interested in learning the foundations of Amazon Web Services
- Students interested in administering AWS accounts using Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Students interested in securing AWS accounts by assigning Access Privileges to IAM Users