Created by: Olaniyi Akinola
Rate: 0.0 / 0 ratings
Enroll: 3,476 students
What you’ll learn
- Introduction to domain
- Introduction to web hosting
- How Domain Names Actually Work?
- Register the Perfect Domain Name for Yourself or Your Business
- Be Able to Explain Web Hosting to Anyone with No Internet Knowledge or Experience
- Complete understanding of Cpanel, WHM and WHMCS
- Tips and Tricks of Web Hosting and Domains
- Understand the Steps Involved in Purchasing a Web Hosting Plan
- Identify Major Types of Web Hosting, Plans and providers
You will need a computer or mobile phone and internet browser
After 10 years of experience in web hosting and the world of online in general, I’ve decided to create this course guide with goal to help people with their journey online and encountering web hosting world. This guide was written to explain web hosting in detail using simple language. Regardless of whom your host is and what your desires are, this course will show you how to get the most of the hosting account.
This course is for anybody who wants to understand what domains, web hosting and web development is. The course covers a vast area which starts from domains to designing a website, starting your own domain and web hosting reseller business and so on. After doing this course you will have a clear idea about all aspects of web hosting and web development. You will easily be able to design any website and also start your own hosting business. If you are a business owner, you can take this course and you will have an idea about all these web-related services.
How much of this guide should you watch?
Watch what you want, but to get the most value I recommend watching the whole thing! While you may not watch to apply every section while getting familiar with your hosting provider today, you will get an understanding of how different technologies work.
Web Hosting Section:
We conduct an in-depth case analysis of web hosting solutions including: Shared, Virtual Private, Dedicated and Cloud Hosting.
We provide an overview of various packages offered by different web hosting companies and weigh the pros and cons of each one.
Students are also introduced to the importance of web server scalability and the advantages of cloud hosting over traditional hosting services. We also examine the infrastructure requirements of popular, resource intensive applications such as Netflix and Facebook to emphasize the importance of avoiding costly mistakes in the initial stages of development.
Students will gain hands-on experience with the registration process using popular domain registrars. We will provide a comparison of different registrars and register a sample domain name using GoDaddy. Other topics of discussion will include: domain name privacy and administration, auto-renewal, domain forwarding, and name server assignment.
Who this course is for:
- Anybody who wants to design a website or understand the world of web development
- Anybody who want to know what domain and hosting are in full details
- Your are planning to make (or already have) a website or start a blog
- You have access to a computer and have a connection to the internet
- You are not a super techy person, but you want to understand the technology
- You know the basics of the Internet, Google, websites, and what a web address is