Created by: Ofer Keren
Rate: 4.7 / 9 ratings
Enroll: 7,632 students
What you’ll learn
Nor Flash Memory fundamentals
Designing a VHDL project from scratch! after this course you will be able to design by yourself any project
Writing VHDL code for working with the Nor Flash Memory
How to Read/Write micron Nor Flash Memory
How to Setup new flash memory, Setup its Inner Registers
How to write a simulation for Micron Nor Flash Memory Verilog part and simulate it
Everything you need to know about Micron Nor Flash Memory
How to approach to any Flash Memory of any type and product in the market
How to work with the Nor Flash Memory at different modes: SPI, Dual SPI, Quad SPI
PC with internet connection
Modelsim simulation tool – (not a must for learning… 🙂
Today, every FPGA needs to load from Flash memory. the Flash load the FPGA in every reset of the board/development board.
The other uses of flash memories is of course to storage your data, this will happen from the FPGA itself by writing a code that controls the flash memory or a CPU that can communicate the flash memory.
Every company that hire FPGAs engineer will be more than happy to have this knowledge of using Flash memories.
In this course, Which is actually the only course/Video or article that explains how to use the Flash memory from zero within the hole internet(and you can check this…), I will teach you everything you need to know in order to work with the Flash memory. After this course you will become a master for Flash memory.
Because of the complex of the using of flash memory and the SPI protocol with quad data, there is no even one source you will find- search google and see by yourself.
The course is long so I will cover all of the issues and timing problems within this course.
We will write the full VHDL code to work with the flash memory we will also edit and improve the code in the simulation. On the end of this course you will have a full working code(which you can download or write through the lectures with me and compare to my code).
Here is a list of just a brief overview of what you will learn:
- Nor flash vs Nand flash – why do we need nor flash for fpga load?(why not nand flash?)
- Timing issues of the Flash memories and how to handle them within the code(explained with the PDF datasheet)
- How to configure the flash memory inner registers
- How to write data to the flash memory in single mode
- How to write data to the flash memory in quad mode
- How to read data from the flash memory
- How to erase the flash memory
- Flash memory frequencies explanation
- Flash memory – memory table and memory partitions is explained
- How to connect Micron Memory Flash Verilog module to our VHDL code
- Simulate in Modelsim the Micron flash memory – This flash memory module represent a real module with the real timing issues, voltages and all of its configurations including resetting and everything…
- The flash memory works with SPI protocol so the VHDL code covers that too
This Course was made for all levels by a professional electronic and computer engineer. with a huge experience with FPGAs of all of the companies in the market and Board designing. Working with many different Flash Memories.
- After finishing this course I can guarantee you will be able to take any other Flash Memory(Nand,Nor etc..) of any manufacturer and understand it and even write down your VHDL code for it.
- This course comes with a 30 day money back guarantee! If you are not satisfied in any way, you’ll get your money back.So what are you waiting for? Learn FPGA Development in a way that will advance your career and increase your knowledge, all in a fun and practical way!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to know how to use FLASH Memory from Scratch
- Anyone who wish to become a better VHDL developer