Dell is an American multinational computer technology company that develops, sells, repairs, and supports computers and related products and services, and is owned by its parent company of Dell Technologies. Founded in 1984 by Michael Dell, the company is one of the largest technology corporations in the world, employing more than 165,000 people in the U.S. and around the world.
|Company Name:||Dell India|
|Job Role:||Software Engineer 1|
|Experience:||0 – 2 years|
|Salary:||Best In Industry|
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Software Engineer 1 on our Engineering Development team in Bangalore to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As a Software Engineer 1, you will be responsible for developing sophisticated systems and software basis the customer’s business goals, needs and general business environment creating software solutions.
• Participate in the preparation, review and evaluation of software/storage requirements and specifications
• Prepare written specifications for tasks of varied complexity from verbal requirements
• Use defined software lifecycle methodologies
• Review and implement test strategies for software products
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Executes software development plans to ensure high quality of OpenHCI M&O platform for Customer Experience Engineering
- Participate in the review of customer pervasive issues, customer experience gaps, tools needs, general integration aspects and propose/develop specific solutions for implementation within the general M&O framework.
- Ensure all designs are version-proof following standard lifecycle/release processes.
- Develops Epics/Stories/tasks and other analysis / design artifacts that ensure uses case requirements are met.
- Works under limited direction. Determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is evaluated upon completion to ensure objectives have been met.
- Ability to professionally manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision and on schedule.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Must have strong documentation skills and the ability to understand L3 support use case specification and software functional specifications.
• Good knowledge of programming languages; operating systems; firmware; BIOS; device drivers; databases; system, network, operating system, and application administration; embedded software/firmware; tools and utilities, as applicable
• Knowledge of server, storage, networking and client technologies
• Ability to code/debug moderately sophisticated programs using design specifications
• Knowledge of software architectures and applications
- This position requires a highly motivated Engineer who truly understands or willing to learn multiple key technologies and applying to customer centric use cases, can create software, thrives in a fast-paced, highly ambitious environment and has the ability and track-record of influencing and collaborating others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Requires 0 – 2 years of experience in software development, including participation in enterprise-class projects
- Good working knowledge of Linux O/S
- Strong object-oriented programming, web development experience
- Strong proficiency in Java 8, Spring boot, scripting frameworks such as Python, Shell, Angular/JS or similar frameworks
- Work experience with Ruby, Puppet
- Experience working with Level 3 software support teams
- Experience applying unit testing to components under development and maintenance
- Experience developing microservices using REST API/Message Queues, Containerization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thoroughly document the design of pervasive solutions and lifecycle (REST APIs, object models, class diagrams, state flows, etc.)
- Team player who will enjoy performing multiple technical functions when needed
- Infrastructure knowledge (network, storage, servers)